Saturday we also teamed up with another organization called Safina Street. It is an organization that works with the homeless. They recently got kicked out of there old building because the people living around there didn't want the homeless coming around. So they were able to buy another building that they are in the process of rebuilding. At the building they serve an evening meal and have a Bible lesson six evenings a week. On Saturday mornings they go to the dump, where people live and rummage for food, and give a Bible lesson and pass out some food. There are people that live there. They also go into the city and minister to the homeless boys there. These boys live on the streets. They try to sleep in the trees but the police will come and beat them or tell them to leave. It is a really bad situation. Another part of what Safina does is place some of the boys in homes and get them started in schools. A majority of these boys do really well in school but you get a few every now and then that are trouble makers and get kicked out and end up back on the streets. We continue to go to Ntyuka twice a week. I love these kids. They are so full of life. A majority of them don't even know there colors and these kids are between the ages of 3-7. So to help them learn we started playing ships across the ocean. Molly knows all the colors in Swahili so she is teaching them and i am learning right along with them. (Although they are learning them much faster than I am.) Go to Ntyuka is always the highlight of my week.
I have also started to help Todd at DCMC. I am doing the jobs that need to be done that no one has time to do. Today Moriah and I cleaned out the supply closet. And trust me it needed cleaning. It looked liked a tornado went through it. Sunday night I went with Todd and Molly to their church Bible study. It was really cool because there were about 25 people from all over the world. Americans, Britains, Germans, Tanzanians, people from Australia and New Zealand. It is so interesting to worship and study God's word with people from all different countries and back rounds. There are a lot of missionaries from Germany and England here. Molly says it's because Tanzania was originally settled by the Germans. After World War I it was given to the Britains. I am really enjoying it here. I ask that you please continue to pray for my health and that I don't see any snakes. (and I am really NOT kidding about the second one.) I love and miss you all.

No comments:
Post a Comment