Thursday, August 6, 2009
I MADE IT!!!!!
Hey everyone! I just got to Africa a few days ago. It was weird because on the drive from the airport to their house we saw baboons running across the road. It is different than I expected, but I am loving it. Molly has gone to Italy to spend some time with her sister and her mother. So the kids have been helping me figure things out. I help the Sprinkle kids with school in the morning (making sure they are actually doing it) and than in the evening, depending on the day, we have different activities. Yesterday we just lounged around the house after school was finished. They live in a fenced in area. DCMC headquarters is about a minute walk from their house. I got to see the clinic and dental office yesterday. It is smaller than I had imagined it to be. This morning during break we played soccer in their front yard. It was Caleb, Moriah, Luke and I vs. Jonah. We barely won with a score of 10 to 9. Soccer is the most played sport around. Everywhere we drive you see someone playing soccer. Today we went to the near by village. The older boys were all playing soccer and the younger kids played a version of duck duck goose. Then we went into a classroom where a pastor gave a Bible lesson. They go to this village twice a week to work with these kids. The language is hard. I know a little polish and have been speaking it for the past two weeks and now am finding myself speaking it here in Tanzania. Everyone else is speaking Swahili so I turn to the foreign language I know, Polish. I am trying to stop myself and learn some Swahili but it is harder than expected. I am really excited about the opportunities that I will be able to have over the upcoming months. The last few weeks I have been in Poland working at a kids camp. It was amazing. The Holy Spirit filled this camp. We had 27 kids come to Christ for the first time and 5 more recommit their lives to Him. It was an amazing experience. We played tons of games and just loved on these kids. The only down side was that I was sick in bed for the first week and then could only eat bread, butter, and rice for half of the other week, which let me tell you is not a very satisfying meal. I miss you all and please continue to pray that God will show me His will and what he wants from me in Tanzania.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment