Thursday, September 24, 2009

Busy

I am sorry I have not written in a while. I have been very busy. Not much has changed. We are still going to the village twice a week and I am still helping at CAMS five days a week. I was organizing the library and finally will be done with it tomorrow. Then on to a new project. The only problem with me working in a library is I find all these books that I want to read and have a hard time staying on task. Last week I stated translating Bible verses into Swahili. We have been giving them out in the village to the kids to memorize. There are thirty-one verses. We also gave them a packet and for every verse they memorize they get a piece of candy. Last week we had 14 kids that came back with the week one verse memorized. They got a piece of candy and the verse for week two. If they memorize all thirty-one verses they get a soccer ball. Which is coveted in the village. It is really cool seeing these kids put God's word in their heart for the first time. Other than that not much else has changed. Still hard at work and loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment