Saturday, November 21, 2009

Last Week

I am sorry it has been a while since I have updated. I have one week left in Dodoma. We are headed to Dar Es Salaam next Sunday for a few days. I fly out Dec. 3 at 12:45 in the morning and will be back in Minneapolis at 12:40 in the afternoon Dec. 3. This week is going to be really hard for me. I have grown really attached to all the kids I have been working with and am going to be really sad to have to say goodbye!!! I will be working at CAMS and in the village the rest of the week and saying all my goodbyes. I am already having a hard time just thinking about it. I also ask that you pray I don't see a snake. I haven't seen one yet and I only have a week left to go and would greatly appreciate going that week without seeing one. A few months before I got here the family that I am living with their dog was going crazy barking at the neighbors garage. So they went to open the garage door to see what the problem was and there were two huge king cobras sitting in the garage. I would have screamed bloody murder and ran. I hate snakes. It is my worst fear and I would love not to see one. Especially since the majority of the snakes in Tanzania are poisonous!!!! Well anyway I am very thankful for all your prayers and all the support. It means the world to me. i have been talking about wanting to come to Africa since I was 13. I made it and now my time is almost up. I feel like time has just flown by. This was a life dream of mine and God has been amazing in making it possible. I have loved my time and have learned so many new things. My relationship with Jesus has grown so much. I am extremely grateful for every thing everyone has done to help me reach this dream. I will be home in 12 days. I plan on getting a job and saving my money to attend college in the fall of 2010. I am not sure what school I will be at but I would like to become an elementary teacher or an ESL (English as a second Language) teacher. As sad as I am to have to leave Tanzania and all my new friends I am very excited to start a new dream and a new goal to reach for when I get home. Please pray for me this week that I will be able to fully enjoy the rest of my time here and not take it for granted. I love you all and thank you for reading. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment